Saturday, August 23, 2014

A Random Poem (Procrastination)


I don't respond to that. I wonder what else he knows-

Drip Drip Drip Drip
Dropped the rain today
Outside mostly, sure, that was ok
But inside there was a leak -
to be sure it was not too large
But we had not buckets or pans to contain it
And soon a pool started to emerge

It happened slowly,
Overnight maybe,
While we were all gone away
In the land of dreams and hopes and prayers
That we wished we had today
For the puddle sprang upon us when we awoke
Shattered dreams were ours -
Quick! Escape yet with your lives! -
I fled in my car

The house is still there I suppose, but I took my chance
I gave up my dearest friends, not so much as a look back
The puddle dripped; I could have fixed the hole -
The hole in the roof
The hole in our ceiling
i should’ve patched it up
But it dripped while we were dreaming -
Goodbye, so long, farewell I hope it goes quickly.

Now , like a spring, it gushes down, a puddle to a lake on the ground
But I care little for I am safe - only one could get out this way.
Maybe someday we will come back and the site shall be used normally
And no one will stop to think how came this anomaly
The water shall be drunk, its history ignored

I think I prefer it this way, for such is my line of work

No comments:

Post a Comment